Terms & Conditions
“Competition” means South West Tourism Awards 2019/20 and the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence.
“Organiser” means Services for Tourism Ltd.
“Platform” means the online system that the applicant must use to complete their application.
By submitting an application to the Competition, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
· Applications for the Competition must be submitted within the time and date ranges specified at
· Applications must be submitted online by following the link from southwesttourismawards.org.uk
· It is free to apply to all of the Competition categories.
· You must be open for business at some point between 1 March 2019 and 9 Sept 2019, so the judges can
visit if required. If you are closed for any part of this period, please ensure this is highlighted in the
‘closures’ box on your application.
· Applications may be submitted by any individual representing the business applying and the individual
who submits the application will also become the contact whom all correspondence from the Organiser
and VisitEngland concerning the Competition will be addressed to.
· You or a colleague must inform the Organiser immediately of any changes to the applicant contact
information during the Competition
· Employees or representatives/agents of the Organiser and VisitEngland are not eligible to submit an
application to the Competition except for categories in which third party nominations are publicly invited.
· You must ensure that your business complies with all current and relevant legal and licensing obligations
before submitting an application. The judges reserve the right to not consider an application if this is in
doubt and cannot be confirmed.
· You can apply for more than one category, except where specified within the eligibility criteria, but
separate applications must be completed for each.
· Applications will only be considered if they are deemed to meet the eligibility criteria for the category.
· Applications will only be considered if they are submitted via the Platform and completed in full and do
not exceed the maximum word counts.
· The Organiser reserves the right to move an application into a different category, if deemed more
appropriate and should this occur the business affected will be informed.
· You must be willing to reimburse the judge and his/her partner (or family/companions in the case of
some visitor attractions or experiences) on departure for the cost of the mystery visit/overnight stay, any
meals taken (alcoholic drinks only for pub, taste and hotel categories), or any admission or ticket cost as
appropriate to the category.
· You agree to be part of any publicity undertaken in association with the Competition. If selected as a
finalist, you accept and agree that the Organiser and VisitEngland may use or publish any photographs,
comments or evidence submitted at any stage of the Competition in any media, waiving any rights to
payment or to inspect and approve a finished product.
· Competition judges may decline to award winners at any level in some or all categories, if in their opinion
there are insufficient entries of a winning standard.
· The prize provided by the Organiser for each winner will be a certificate and/ or a trophy. There is no
· Competition winners may publicise their success indefinitely provided the placing and year are specified
in all publicity and materials.
· Competition winners may only use the specific logo issued by the Organiser or VisitEngland and not
modify it in any way, nor use, or adapt for use, any other logo connected with the Organiser or
· The logo may only be used alongside the location or part of the business that has won an award e.g. a
self catering provider with multiple properties across different locations must only use the logo alongside
the winning location.
· You confirm that you own the copyright to any photographs included with your application and permit the
Organiser and VisitEngland to use these photographs in PR and awards literature if you are short listed as
· The Organiser and VisitEngland will not accept responsibility for applications delayed or lost as a result of
any network, computer hardware or software failure.
· In the event of any dispute regarding the Competition eligibility criteria, application forms, judging
process, choice of finalists/winners or any other matter relating to the Competition, the decisions of the
Organiser and VisitEngland shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
Should you win an award in your local/regional Competition you may be automatically put forward for national judging by VisitEngland for the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence.
• You must notify the Organiser in writing at the time of application if you do not wish to be put forward for
• In rare circumstances VisitEngland may deem that an application does not meet the eligibility criteria and
reserves the right not to consider the application for national judging
• It is not possible to revisit your application prior to being put forward for national judging
• VisitEngland reserves the right to move an application into a different category, if deemed more
• The prize provided by VisitEngland for each winner will be a certificate and/ or a trophy. There is no cash
• Any queries in relation to national judging should be directed to VEAwards@visitengland.org