2015/16 Awards open for Entry
See Video of Feb 2014 Event here
This year’s South West Tourism Excellence Awards are now open - and businesses are invited to enter by the deadline of midnight on 12th June.
After an outstanding year, seeing record entries and winners, the Awards cycle has now re-started and top hospitality businesses across the South West are invited to submit their entries.
This year seas plenty of changes & new categories:
- There are new categories for Spas & Wellbeing; Artistic, Cultural & Learning experiences; and Active and Sporting experiences
- The Holiday Park category has been split into separate awards for Camping & Caravanning and Holidays Parks & Villages
- There is a newly-named Unsung Hero award for Customer Service
Awards Director Robin Barker says: “The last year has seen all records broken and fantastic feedback from entrants. The Awards are making a difference and I’d urge all tourism businesses in the region to ‘have a go’. As one of last year’s winners says in the ‘Tips from Past Entrants’ section: ‘Most of all, just do it. Whether you win or not, just going the process is a useful exercise for any business. You have nothing to lose!’ Hear Hear!
John Crouch of Headline Sponsors South West Water says: “With the West Country looking magnificent we can be confident that visitors are going to get a fantastic all round experience. Being part of the awards is a privilege and lends the opportunity to visit many of the tourism businesses where we aim to provide help with their water services.”
The awards launch come fresh from the a record awards night in February, when 98 awards were presented to the 2014/15 winners, with 19 South West entrants going on to be finalists in the national VisitEngland finals to be announced in May. We wish them well.
The deadline for entering the awards is midnight on 12th June, but businesses are encouraged to start preparing now and not leave it to the last minute.See How to Enter to start the process. Cornwall, Devon and Dorset businesses should enter via their county schemes, whilst entrants from Somerset, Bath, Bristol, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire should stay on this site.
- South West tops country for 3rd year running in National Awards Posted: 4th April 2015
- Michael Eavis & Nathan Outlaw amongst 98 South West Tourism Award winners on Grand Pier Posted: 13th February 2015
© 2015 Services For Tourism Ltd. Website and hosting provided by Direct Tourism Services