2015/16 Awards open for Entry - with extended deadline
See Video of Feb 2014 Event here
This year’s South West Tourism Excellence Awards are now open - and businesses are invited to enter by the extended deadlines as follows:
- For businesses in Somerset, Bath, Bristol, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire, for whom there isn’t a county scheme, there is an across-the-board extension of the deadline until midnight on Friday 10th July.
- For the Unsung Hero & Tourism Event and Festival categories there is a later deadline extension until midnight on Friday 28 August.
- Dorset, Cornwall and Devon entrants had an earlier deadline for most categories, which is now passed, but we continue to accept entries if agreed in advance - please check these links to see the deadlines on each awards website.
This year sees plenty of changes & new categories:
- There are new categories for Spas & Wellbeing; Artistic, Cultural & Learning experiences; and Active and Sporting experiences
- The Holiday Park category has been split into separate awards for Camping & Caravanning and Holidays Parks & Villages
- There is a newly-named Unsung Hero award for Customer Service
Awards Director Robin Barker says: “The last year has seen all records broken and fantastic feedback from entrants. The Awards are making a difference and I’d urge all tourism businesses in the region to ‘have a go’. As one of last year’s winners says in the ‘Tips from Past Entrants’ section: ‘Most of all, just do it. Whether you win or not, just going the process is a useful exercise for any business. You have nothing to lose!’ Hear Hear!
John Crouch of Headline Sponsors South West Water says: “With the West Country looking magnificent we can be confident that visitors are going to get a fantastic all round experience. Being part of the awards is a privilege and lends the opportunity to visit many of the tourism businesses where we aim to provide help with their water services.”
The awards launch come fresh from the a record awards night in February, when 98 awards were presented to the 2014/15 winners, with 19 South West entrants going on to be finalists in the national VisitEngland finals announced in May. Many of these had shown their commitment to excellence by booking places on customer service and digital marketing courses and we'd strongly recommend anyone entering this year to do the same - details HERE for customer service and HERE for digital marketing.
See How to Enter to start the process. Cornwall, Devon and Dorset businesses should enter via their county schemes, whilst entrants from Somerset, Bath, Bristol, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire should stay on this site.
- TOURISM AWARD DEADLINE EXTENDED AS WEBSITES SEE RECORD VIEWS Posted: 8th June 2015
- South West tops country for 3rd year running in National Awards Posted: 4th April 2015
© 2015 Services For Tourism Ltd. Website and hosting provided by Direct Tourism Services