2014/15 TOURISM AWARDS
This year's Tourism Awards are now closed for entry and judging has begun of the record 420+ entries received across the South West.
This season's South West ceremony will be in February on the Grand Pier in Weston - more details will be available on this soon.
The Awards cover the whole South West, including Somerset, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Bath, Bristol and the Isles of Scilly, along with the linked awards programmes in Devon, Dorset & Cornwall.
One development this year is the inclusion on the Awards websites of new case studies from recent finalists, each of them sharing their top tips on why businesses should enter and how to win:
- "It has been particularly useful for our place in our community – the local residents have become great ambassadors for us and do that with the confident knowledge that we are trying our best and are well regarded by impartial judges." Nicky King, The Eastbury Hotel Dorset
- “Winning an award is a team effort with staff motivation reaching levels like never before.” Lucy Wright, Gloucester Tourist Information Centre Gloucestershire
- "The main reason is that it makes you sit down and really think about what you’re doing within the business and, more importantly, makes you think about what you’re not doing and how this can be rectified." Ian Akeroyd, Trethem Mill Touring Park Cornwall
- "Winning an Award leads to other things, more bookings, invitations to take part in other media exercises and a web site logo to set us apart from the competition.” Joy Raymond, Hedgehog Corner B&B Devon
- "This was the first time we have entered the tourism awards and we are so glad we did! Winning the awards provided great PR coverage and are a fantastic accolade for our restaurants." Lucy Lomas, River Cottage
The Cornwall, Dorset, Devon and South West awards are all independent, but linked in that winners from the Dorset, Cornwall and Devon awards are fast-tracked into the South West awards, with South West winners submitted to the national VisitEngland awards. Entry is free, the programmes being funded by a range of sponsors and partners, and all entrants receive feedback.
John Crouch, Marketing Manager of Headline Sponsors Source for Business says: “Source for Business is delighted to be the title sponsors of the South West Tourism excellence Awards once again supporting this vibrant and sustainable sector. Speaking from first-hand experience I can’t speak highly enough of the quality our hotels, campsites and attractions deliver and the efforts they make into making visits special.”
Awards organiser, Robin Barker of Services for Tourism adds: “Of all the jobs I’ve done in tourism, this is the most gratifying. Seeing tourism businesses getting better and better each year, the commitment they make to being excellent, the delight on their faces on awards night, and the team spirit that is gained; these give my team a real sense that we are making a difference.”
Full details of the tourism awards can be found by following the menu options on this site.
- New First Great Western TV advert launched Posted: 9th June 2014
- South West top region again in national VisitEngland awards Posted: 12th May 2014
© 2014 Services For Tourism Ltd. Website and hosting provided by Direct Tourism Services