Awards Celebration Dinner 2 Feb 2017
This year's Tourism Awards Dinner and Celebration will be in the brand new Lansdown Suite at Ashton Gate Stadium, Bristol - the home of Bristol Rugby and Bristol City, and the largest conference and events venue in the South West. Click HERE for fly-through of the stadium.
The dinner is the grand finale for the awards across the South West, attended by over 450 of the region's top quality tourism businesspeople, as well as a great opportunity for the region's tourism businesses to meet up, celebrate and enjoy each other's company.
The event is Black Tie, with the set menu below, (with virtually all produce supplied by local producers to Bristol):
- Pickled beetroot, goats cheese, chicory salad, beetroot reduction (V)
- Lamb rump, breaded haggis, kale, sundried tomatoes, confit onion potato cake, lemon thyme sauce, OR
- Lentils, Squash & Coriander Stuffed Savoy Cabbage, Mushrooms, Tomato Dressing (V)
- Pineapple tart tartan, coconut ice-cream, pineapple crisp
When booking please notify of any vegetarians or other dietary requirements.
This year's guest speakers will be Chair of Judges and national travel journalist Alison Rice, the top rated speaker at the 2014 West Country Tourism Conference, and travel adventurer and author Alastair Humphries:
Chair of Judges in 2016, Alison Rice is a journalist and broadcaster who comments on tourism issues on national TV and radio.
Alison’s career includes producing and presenting travel series for BBC TV, ITV, and BBC radios 1, 2, 4 & 5; Director of Programmes for the Travel Channels UK & Europe; launch Director of Programmes for France’s Voyage channel; Editor of BBC Holidays magazine; Associate Lecturer in tourism and the media at the University of the Arts, London and award-winning travel writer for the Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday, Guardian and Observer.
Alison is a long-standing judge for the Visit England Awards for Excellence and is in demand for workshops on how today’s media work and how to communicate more effectively. She is chair of the Family Holiday Association charity.
Alastair Humphreys is a British Adventurer, Author and Blogger. He spent over 4 years cycling round the world, a journey of 46,000 miles through 60 countries and 5 continents.
More recently Alastair has walked across southern India, rowed across the Atlantic Ocean, run six marathons through the Sahara desert, completed a crossing of Iceland, busked through Spain and participated in an expedition in the Arctic, close to the magnetic North Pole. He has trekked 1000 miles across the Empty Quarter desert and 120 miles round the M25 – one of his pioneering microadventures. He was named as one of National Geographic’s Adventurers of the year for 2012.
Alastair has written nine books.
The evening's MC will be ITV Westcountry News anchor Kylie Pentelow, supported by several surprise acts.
Finalists and sponsors have been advised of special rates at nearby hotels and - if staying - why not make the most your visit and enjoy a stay in the city? Here are some ideas:
- As well as amazing food and drink (and Thursday lunchtime is pop up Harbourside street food market day), you can visit Brunel’s ss Great Britain and M Shed along the Harbourside, or perhaps visit Arnolfini or Watershed. Harbourside dining options range from Michelin stars to Cargo containers.
On the Friday we're looking to arrange a guided tour of the city, or you could visit one of the many exhibitions including:
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2016 at M Shed
- Warrior Treasures: Saxon Gold from the Staffordshire Hoard at Bristol Museum & Art Gallery
- Strange Worlds: The Vision of Angela Carter at Royal West of England Academy
If staying another night, it’s the last weekend of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the Bristol Hippodrome with Jason Manford and Phill Jupitus, comedy galore with David O'Doherty: Big Time at Bristol Old Vic and Susan Calman at the Tobacco factory.
Or book a very special animal experience at Bristol Zoo Gardens, getting up close and personal with gorillas or red pandas - or just chill out at The Lido & Spa.
The Awards evening will start with pre-dinner drinks at 6.30pm, with formalities due to complete by 11.pm and music & dancing until 00.30. Tickets cost £77.50 each (+VAT), including a 3 course dinner, wine and entertainment.
Tickets are currently available to winners and sponsors ONLY using the online BOOK option.
- SOUTH WEST TOPS THE COUNTRY FOR 5th YEAR RUNNING IN NATIONAL TOURISM AWARDS Posted: 14th March 2017
- RECORD FINALE TO TOURISM YEAR Posted: 3rd February 2017
© 2017 Services For Tourism Ltd. Website and hosting provided by Direct Tourism Services