Extensions Announced as Tourism Awards Attract Record Entries
Entries to this year’s official Tourism Awards across the South West have reached record numbers, with over 300 entries already received, including over 50 into the new Dorset Tourism Awards, 90 into the Devon awards and 120 into the Cornwall Tourism Awards.
Numbers are expected to grow further, as organisers announce a later deadline for several categories as well as a new one for the Cornwall awards.
The categories still open for entry, with an extended deadline of 30th August, are:
• ‘Tourism Superstar’ / Outstanding Customer Service award
• The Tourism Event award
• The Venue & Business Tourism award
• The Access for All award
In addition, VisitCornwall has just announced a special Wildlife Friendly Business award as part of the Cornwall Tourism Awards.
This news applies to four separate but linked awards schemes covering Dorset, Cornwall, Devon and the whole South West of England:
· Dorset Tourism Awards, in association with Saffery Champness – www.dorsettourismawards.org.uk
· Cornwall Tourism Awards, in association with St Austell Brewery – www.cornwalltourismawards.co.uk
· Devon Tourism Awards, in association with e-Strategy – www.devontourismawards.org.uk
· The South West Tourism Excellence Awards, in association with Source for Business – www.southwesttourismawards.org.uk
Awards organiser Robin Barker of Services for Tourism is delighted: “We have seen a fantastic increase in this year’s awards entries, helped by the region’s success in last year’s national awards, when 19 national awards were picked up by South West businesses. What is great to see is the success of the inaugural Dorset awards, alongside increased entries into both the Cornwall & Devon awards.
“In parallel, we have been able to extend the entry period for several categories that can be judged later in the year, including the ‘Tourism Event’ and newly named ‘Tourism Superstar’ categories.”
The ‘Tourism Superstar’ award is unlike other categories, being an opportunity for visitors, businesses and other third parties to nominate people who have delivered outstanding customer service. The ‘Tourism Event’ award is open to events that are significant in attracting visitors to the area such as festivals and shows. It is particular suited to food and drink events, literary festivals, balloon fiestas, etc.
The awards celebrate excellence in tourism across the South West and aim to promote and reward leading businesses and individuals in the tourism industry, whatever their sector and size. They are free to enter and all entrants receive feedback.
Full details of the tourism awards, along with details of how to enter, top tips and entry forms can be found at the three awards websites:
Dorset Tourism Awards – www.dorsettourismawards.org.uk
Cornwall Tourism Awards – www.cornwalltourismawards.co.uk
Devon Tourism Awards – www.devontourismawards.org.uk
The South West Tourism Excellence Awards – www.southwesttourismawards.org.uk
- This year’s South West Tourism Excellence Awards are now closed for entry. Posted: 2nd September 2017
- South West is England's top region for Excellence Posted: 24th April 2017
© 2017 Services For Tourism Ltd. Website and hosting provided by Direct Tourism Services